Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: 60's Chambers

  1. #21
    Inactive Member chipperhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2005
    Posts
    431
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Ha. I think you need to check that link you posted above. It takes you to an agricultural supply company, Ironite, where they sell soil additives to make your lawns greener. I think that's what Gyrinophilus was referencing!

    I found the Ironrite 85 on ebay,though. Cool looking machine, and it does have similar lines to the C.

    Oh, this strange cousin thinks both Cs are gorgeous, but the Bs are, too.

    -Jenn

    <font color="#FFFFFF"><font size="1">[ August 28, 2006 11:46 AM: Message edited by: chipperhiker ]</font></font>

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 11:42 AM: Message edited by: chipperhiker ]</font>

  2. #22
    Inactive Member ashiva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hang in there, I got a D also.. its getting cool enough now that I am going to start the major recleaning process.. It WAS being used until the original owner due to health had to move to nursing home, and she wanted someone that would appreciate it, to have it.. My cost was unhooking it and bringing it home..Its got a few years of 'crud.. but nothing serious wrong.. some electrical issue with the timer is waht she said was bad.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member ha_asfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    680
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OH *******S ! Sorry about the poor info for the ironrite webiste...it is supposed to be an active site, apparantly, it's been mangeled. Try [url="http://www.irons.com"]www.irons.com[/url] for some images.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member pmisaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2005
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ha,

    After checking out the URL, I suspected that you were spoofing us. I still think that the post was terrific and should have known that you wouldn't intentionally dismember a posting about a mangle.

    Jenn,

    I am not the Stoveman. if he reads your post that confuses me with him it will probably drive him straight to the Lighthouse where he will need to order something far more potent than an ice cold beer. He has more knowledge about vintage stoves in a single cell than I have stored in my entire brain.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member debgro's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2005
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ironrite.com has been down for quite some time now. It's been hard to find info on them. But...

    You just have to know who to talk to.

    Right Ha?

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 02:47 AM: Message edited by: debgro ]</font>

  6. #26
    Inactive Member ha_asfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    680
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    But what happened to Ironrite.com ? What a great source for those great machines ! By the way, when you are purchasing one and you have the option between the Wood seat Health Chair and the metal seat chair, go for the wood, it is a far superior chair. Got to go, ironing to do...

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Ms V's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2005
    Posts
    260
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Humph...now, (after reading about the sheets of 'yore') I understand why my gram wanted me to help out with ironing them when I visited. But that was using the stand up method and I usually headed out the door...v

  8. #28
    Inactive Member spin321's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2006
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is an Ironrite the same thing as a mangel? I saw the reference to sheets and that's what came to mind. My mother still has the old mangel that I grew up with in her laundry room and still uses it every week! There is nothing like it for doing sheets, table cloths and napkins.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member chipperhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2005
    Posts
    431
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry Gyrinophilus!! I know who you are and who Sammy, Stoveman extraordinaire is!! I apparently flaked once I started typing my post. I'll go back and fix it now!!

    -Jenn

  10. #30
    Inactive Member ha_asfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    680
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ironrite is a brand name for a mangel. The Ironrites are the Chambers of the mangel world. Once you get the hang of one of these beauts, ironing days will never be the same ! There is the hum of the motor, the smell of heat from the giant sole plate, the steam coming off the roller and the best part, those beautiful creases ! One word of Ironrite caution, two maybe: that soleplate becomes very hot and finger tips are easily burnt and buttons, watch out for delicate buttons. OK, I know I get carried away with these types of things but gee, I sometimes think the 50's housekeeper really did have the best of the best ! Beautiful design, great long lasting materials, incredible construction, function, function and more function. We've reached a good point of balance in this house: televison, stereo and radio = new. Kitchen and household support accessories = 100% vintage. Funny thing is, the more we replace contemporary electrical items with vintage, the lower our electricity bill goes. Go figure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •